Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

16-3-2021 Almost swallowed by a whale

 Kia ora readers,                                                           

We have watched an interview video here is the link here ( youtube video) then we did interviewer questions and diver answer. We have been learning how to write a recount. As year 6's we need to say who why what when and how. We need to write in first person (I) and past tense. We have been focusing on using dialogue, emotion and strong vocabulary.

Here is the interviewer that I wrote, imagining I was the diver and telling my recount of this experience.

6-3-2021


Almost swallowed by a whale



Interviewer: What were you taking photos off before you got swallowed by the whale? 


Diver: Well I was taking photos of the famous sardine and all the marine animals there like sharks, whales, and sea creatures that feed on sardines..`


Interviewer: So you had this incredible experience and  are lucky to be life. Tell what happened?


Diver:  I was very lucky to survive. I could have drowned if the brutus whale didn’t spit me out and dived down.



Interviewer: what did it feel like when you were inside the whale?


Diver: It was pitch black inside there was heaps of pressure I instantly knew it was a whale.


Interviewer: how did you not panic?


Diver: There was no time to panic inside the whale because it is not the whale it is the situation.


Interviewer: what did it feel like after the experience?


Diver:  Fine I still wanted to swim right after I went swimming again.


I hope you were entertained! Please let me know what you thought about my post in the comments below. Have an amazing weekend thank you for reading my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Leo.
    You listened to the instructions and followed them just as the teacher asked.
    Maybe next time you could add some more detail and extend your sentences so they are more powerful.

    I hope you are having a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I did listen. Okay thanks for the advice. I hope you do to.

      Delete