Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

I went camping on my propriety

On Friday I went camping on my propriety it was so much fun. We also had marshmallows over the fire. They were so delicious Dad and I kept setting them on fire then blowing them out. Because we both liked it were you can't tell it was a marsh mallow and were it is gooey on the inside and on the outside a bit crisp. We watched a movie it was really funny it was called zoo keeper. But it kept stopping so we tried home alone but that one didn't work either so we just stopped doing the video. My Dad and I made a long bow out of gardening stakes and string and we made the arrows out of gardening stakes. The one that I am holding is the long bow. We also made a cross bow out of wood screws string and a Gardening stake. The bow that my Dad is holding is the cross bow well was the cross bow because we took it a part and ended up with that. The cross bow was a lot better than the long bow though. It was so fun. Thank you for reading my blog.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a wonderful,informative,piece of writing Leo.It sounds like you and your dad are having some wonderful bonding time.
    I love that you have included photos.
    I haven't had a marshmallow over the fire for ages!.They are So delicious.I'm glad you didn't burn your mouth while eating them.
    Did you stay outside over night or was dad a bit scared of the dark😊?.
    I remember making bow and arrows out of tree branches when I was younger.My brother and I used to make them and then play cowboys and Indians.We were always the cowboys because we had the horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. yep same no. we stayed out side. what is Indians

      Delete
  2. Hi Leo.
    Gosh what a lot of fun you have been having. Did you have a target to shoot your arrows at? Did you sleep outside by yourself? You are so lucky to be doing all these fun things with your dad. I am a bit weird because I don't like marshmallows but I do like them when they are toasted over the fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keri.
      no I am still getting better on the way I shoot it It is really hard. I slept with dad.

      Delete
  3. What a neat time you have been having with your family in lockdown. You are really lucky to have a Mum and Dad who are spending such quality time with you. I bet this is the type of stuff you will remember about your childhood when you are an adult! It was a shame your DVD player wasn't working properly. Toasting marshmallows is great fun. When I was a kids we use to make s'mores. They were called s'mores because once you have had one you would want some more! This is made with two chocolate wheatens, a square of choc and a marshmallow. When you sandwich the toasted marshmallow between the biscuits the chocolate melts. They are supper yummy! Great posting Leo, you have been making a wonderful effort with your learning over the last few weeks. I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete